Opening a Bank Account in Thailand
Lists of Bank and required documents for LTR Visa holder to open a bank account in Thailand as follows;
Before deciding to open the bank account with Bangkok bank, The LTR Visa holder will need to contact LTR Visa Unit via email firstname.lastname@example.org 4 days prior going to Bangkok Bank, and the LTR Visa holder must provide information of which branch of Bangkok bank and what date and time the LTR Visa holder desires to go to open the bank account, and documents attached to the email as follows:
1. Copy of Passport pages
2. Copy of LTR Visa page
3. Copy of the Letter of LTR Visa Endorsement
4. Copy of ID card or other foreign licenses (If any) – Please note: this item must be brought on the selected date the LTR Visa holder will go to open the bank account.
Afterwards, the LTR Visa Unit will forward the email to Bangkok Bank to notify bank account opening, then the LTR Visa holder can go to the chosen branch of Bangkok Bank on the selected date stated in the mail.
Benefit and Service with Bangkok Bank for LTR visa
1. Saving Account Baht Currency and/or Foreign Currency Deposit of 14 currencies such as USD, EUR, GBP, CNY, JPY, SGD, HKD, AUD, NZD, CHF, CAD, DKK, NOK and SEK (FCD accounts are subjected to terms and conditions of each country. Please contact Bangkok Bank for further information).
2. Debit Card
3. Credit Card (open fixed accounted for guarantee desired amount)
4. Internet/Mobile Banking with Thai Sim Card
5. PA 1* (VIP accident insurance)
6. Mutual funds
In order to open a bank account with Kasikorn Bank, the LTR Visa holder can go to any branches of Kasikorn Bank in Thailand with the required documents as follows:
1. The LTR Visa holder must provide either one of travel documents as follows:
b. Travel Document for Aliens (T.D.)
c. Certificated of Identity (CI)
d. Temporary Passport
2. The LTR Visa holder must provide either one of identification documents as follows:
a. Stamp of Long-Term Resident (LTR) Visa
b. Document issued by Thai government agencies, for example, House registration, driver's license, civil servant/state enterprise card, etc.
c. Identification document issued by the country of your nationality, for example, ID card, driver’s license, house registration, etc.
3. The LTR Visa holder must provide LTR Visa confirmation documents as follows:
a. Letter of Endorsement for LTR Visa
b. Please note: For the bank account application, the bank only accept the address + contact details in Thailand, which the customer must be able to provide the evident accordingly.