Long-Term Resident (LTR) Visa Application Timeline and Documents Request
Applicants may be requested to provide additional information/documents on a case by case basis in the following processes
DURING THE QUALIFICATION ENDORSEMENT FOR LTR VISA
- Request of required documents by BOI in order to achieve the completeness of the application for qualification endorsement
- Request of additional document by BOI and related government agencies to support the application for qualification endorsement
DURING THE PRE-APPROVAL FOR LTR VISA ISSUANCE
- Request of additional information/documents related to “Pre-approval for visa issuance” by BOI
- Request of additional information/documents related to “Pre-approval for visa issuance” by the immigration
The BOI or related government agencies may request additional information / documents if it is found that the submitted information/ documents as per the abovementioned request are either not complete or valid. Additionally if such information / documents are not provided by applicants within 30 days after each request has been made, applications may be rejected for the lack of necessary information / documents to further process the applications.
After Applicant submitted LTR application
Status : Pending
Processing Time : 3 working days
1st : Request of required documents by BOI in order to achieve the completeness of the application for qualification endorsement The application submitted will be assigned to the LTR screen staff for preliminary information and documents review. In case the most critical information or documents are missing such as passport biodata page, applicants will be requested via the system or be notified via email to provide them (Status: Document Request will be shown).
Application and qualifications endorsement by relevant agencies
Status : CONSIDERATION BY GOVERNMENT AGENCIES
Processing Time : 17 WORKING DAYS * MIGHT TAKE LONGER IF ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS ARE REQUESTED
2nd : Request of additional document by BOI and related government agencies to support the application for qualification endorsement When relevant government agencies considers the application, applicants may be requested additional documents / information to support the application. Once all documents/information are considered complete and valid, it will take 20 business days until the qualifications endorsement result is notified.
Notification of Qualifications Endorsement Result
Status : QUALIFICATION APPROVED
Processing Time : -
Once qualifications endorsement has been granted from all relevant agencies, the applicant will receive an email informing that your LTR application has been endorsed. This step means that the applicant has been approved as qualified LTR visa applicant.
Applicant updates information and uploads additional documents
3rd : Request of additional information/documents related to “Pre-approval for visa issuance” by BOI The qualified applicant will be required to log in to the system to update additional information or upload additional documents in order for the screen staff to review them before forwarding to the Immigration again for the Visa Issuance pre-approval process.
- Update passport information, latest travel information and choose the location for LTR Visa issuance
- Upload additional documents such as health insurance, criminal record, medical certificate, etc. (in case the applicant has been required to)
- passport pages with all Thai stamps (MERGED IN ONE PDF FILE), particularly biodata page, current visa which has been cancelled with the remaining permission to stay sufficient to receive LTR Visa*, last entry stamp of immigration, last extension of visa and the initial Thai visa used to enter Thailand (in case you have changed a visa type in Thailand before changing to the current visa type) (if any). E-Visa (if any)
- Passport size photo (4 cm x 6 cm) on white backgroud
- Photocopy of TM.6 (if any)
- Photocopy of TM.47’s receipt of notification (previous notifications of staying over 90 days or 1 year) (if any)
after the updated information and additional documents have been submitted, the status will be changed to Status: Document Review for Visa / WP Issuance. If such information and documents submitted are considered complete and valid, applicants are required to take the next step as follows,
- In case the applicant choses to have LTR visa issued at OSS center in Bangkok, the officer will send the request to Immigration for the pre-approval process once the information and documents submitted are considered complete and valid.
- In case the applicant choses to have LTR visa issued at Thai embassies or consulate generals overseas, the applicant will receive an email informing you that your application has been approved for LTR Visa issuance. In this step, please log in and retrieve the Notification of qualification endorsement for Long-Term Resident Visa from the system. The status will be changed to Status: Final approval.
- The location for LTR Visa issuance cannot be changed once the above information/documents have already been submitted.
- For visa issuance at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS Center), the applicant is required to be in Thailand and certain type of visa such as NON-B, NON-O (Thai spouse), Smart Visa must be terminated with the remaining permission to stay sufficient to receive LTR Visa in Thailand.
- If you wish to terminate your current visa or acquire TM.6 or TM.47 later but prior to LTR visa issuance at OSS, you can do so by uploading CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT FORM FOR PRE-APPROVAL PROCESS ON THE SINGLE WINDOW FOR VISA AND WORK PERMIT SYSTEM FOR A FOREIGNER APPLYING FOR QUALIFICATION ENDORSEMENT FOR LONG-TERM RESIDENT VISA (LTR VISA) to the required field.
- In case of visa issuance at Royal Thai Embassy/Consulate-General, please follow the instructions here
Pre-approval process by Immigration * Note: for LTR visa issuance in Thailand only
Processing Time : VARIES DEPENDING ON THE COMPLETENESS OF DOCUMENTS RELATED TO “PRE-APPROVAL FOR VISA ISSUANCE”
4th : Request of additional information/documents related to “Pre-approval for visa issuance” by the immigration The Immigration reviews the request for visa issuance pre-approval sent from the LTR officer. In case additional information/ documents are to be required, the status will be changed to Status: Return Pre approved and the applicant will be contacted by the LTR screen staff to provide such information/document to continue with the pre-approval process. Once the request for visa issuance pre-approval has been approved, the applicant will receive an email informing you that your application has been approved for LTR Visa issuance and the status will be changed to Status: Visa/ WP Issuance Pre approved
Making Appointment for LTR Visa Issuance * Note: for LTR visa issuance in Thailand only
Status : VISA/ WP ISSUANCE PRE APPROVED
Processing Time : -
In this step, the applicant can now log in to the system and choose the appointment date to collect LTR Visa.
The result of the qualifications endorsement for LTR Visa is valid for a period of 60 days after the Notification of qualification endorsement for Long-Term Resident Visa” is issued. Therefore, please make an appointment and collect the visa before the result expires, otherwise you must apply for the qualifications endorsement again.
LTR Visa Issuance * Note: for LTR visa issuance in Thailand only
Status : APPOINTMENT
Processing Time : -
Once the appointment for visa issuance date has been chosen, the status will be changed to Status: Appointment. Next please print out the Notification of qualification endorsement for Long-Term Resident Visa, TM.94 form, STM.8 form and the appointment confirmation document / processing fee payment form from the system.
Please follow the guidelines for visa issuance at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit (OSS Center) here and come to OSS center on the appointment date and time.
Work Permit Application and Issuance
LTR Visa holders who work for an entity in Thailand are required to apply for permission to work immediately after receiving LTR Visa or before employment with an entity in Thailand starts
After LTR Visa issuance, LTR Visa holders are required to apply for a work permit for their employment in Thailand via LTR Visa application system. The process takes 3-5 working days (processing time might take longer if additional documents are requested).
Once the work permit request is approved, LTR Visa holders can make an appointment to collect the work permit at the Department of Employment at One Stop Service Center for Visa and Work Permit, Chamchuri Square Building, Bangkok. The processing fee is 3,000 Baht per year to maintain the work permit.
- While the work permit request is still in process, LTR Visa holders are temporarily allowed to work in Thailand without the work permit.
- Work permit will not be granted for Work-From-Thailand Professionals holders since foreigners under this LTR Visa category are applying for the purpose of working for foreign employer abroad remotely from Thailand. Therefore, the person do not have Thai employers according to the digital work permit purpose.
However, for temporary work permit that allows the LTR : Work-From-Thailand Professionals holders to work for a company in Thailand can be issued on case by case basis.